Making A To-do List Reduces Stress
Creating a To-do list will help to release stress in your life. The joy that comes from scratching out the to-dos is a gratifying obsession. Having this as an obsession is not a bad thing. Choosing to use to-do lists is a way to channel that energy brings about success and peace of mind.
6 benefits of creating a To-do Lists:
- It puts you in a positive mindset and frame of mind, where you can easily stay calm and work out solutions to challenges.
- It helps you create the capacity to choose and prioritize, especially in situations where there’s too much information to process.
- It helps to sort out what is negligible from what is really tangible and significant. This can be very helpful when you’re prioritizing values in your life.
- It aids in the determination of the steps which are needed for planning and direction.
- It helps you to avoid procrastination and allows you to meet deadlines. Especially the self-imposed deadlines that are urgent.
- It helps to make your responsibilities manageable, which gives you a sense of organization and inner calmness.
To-do lists help to give you a sense of security and mastery over your space and time. Sometimes you might feel like you are wasting your time if you take your time to create the lists, but it is worth it. With so much information coming at us and all the thought going through our mind, take the time to write down. It can be very easy to overreact than to act proactively.
It is great to decide to handle a lot of issues in the To-do list at a moment, and sometimes have no other option but to do so. But it would require you know your strengths and weakness to be able to easily handle these issues in such a frame of time. It will also help you to note if you are feeling in control, in charge of the situation or feeling overwhelmed. If you are feeling overwhelmed by the To-do list, then it will be advisable to set it aside. Many times, we start to make lists and before we know it, the list itself becomes too long or large. When trying to take on all of the activities in the list at once, you may increase your anxiety levels. If you start to feel this way, end making that certain list. Now, go through it and prioritize which items are most important, then break the list down into smaller lists, say place two to three items on each, making it easy and quick to accomplish each task. Having a To-do list will definitely help you to be proactive.
A To-do list can actually be fun and creative to make. Designing and coloring the outline of the list can make it look less boring to look at. It has been proven that humans work more effectively when work is made to look like play. It gives the worker a sense of freedom and takes away that sense of boredom that might come with keeping to the dictates of the list.
Creating mind maps lists with the colors and designs can be quite useful for people who find linear lists difficult to focus on. Spacing, formatting and inputting graphics and stylish fonts on your To-do list, makes the mind feel airy and light, thus fueling creativity.
A To-do list is one sure way of bringing relative peace to your mind when responsibilities start to pile up.